Friday, July 12, 2013

Useful, but used-less things!



God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.
Voltaire

There are a lot of useful things around us, but not used! 

I help my wife in the kitchen. It is my duty to slice and cut the vegetables. Some of them are very easy to cut, and some others test my patience! Some of them have to be cut into very small pieces and here is where the problem lies.

On an average it takes about 45 minutes to finish this ‘kitchen duty’! On those days where I have to really catch up with my writing and blogging, I have to really balance my time between my kitchen table and writing table!

One day I saw a brand new unused ‘Quick n’ Easy Plus Food Processer’ in the storage area!  I started using the same. You will not believe, now it takes me just 10 minutes to finish my ‘kitchen portfolio’!

I realised that this is what happens in our life also. There are many useful things we don’t use at all – the fresh Ozone in the early morning air, the bright sunshine and the pleasant breeze. All these are available, but we don’t use them!

Life is not how much you have, but is about how much you use that which you already have!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment