Thursday, July 4, 2013

Make use of experts!



‘An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less’
Nicholas M. Butler

I learnt an important lesson today: don’t do a work when you can afford to have a professional to do it!

I purchased a wooden crib for my granddaughter. I brought it home in a knocked down condition. I sat down to assemble it. I was able to do it in two days’ time, after a lot struggle.

A few days later I purchased a chest of drawer. This time I searched the internet for professional help and I found one who would do it for a small fee. I sought his help. He came home with a tool box, opened the package and completed assembling the chest of drawer in just twenty minutes! What impressed me was his flow of work and speed. It was a sight to watch and enjoy. At the end of it he explained me how to remove the drawer and re-fix the same!

At the end of this I earned my time and he earned his salary and both of us were happy! What made the difference was the fact that he had the right type expertise, tools and experience to do it and I had none!

In life we should be intelligent enough to know what we should do ourselves and what should be left to the experts!

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment