Saturday, July 13, 2013

Boring and difficult, but you have no choice!


When we long for life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure.
Peter Marshall

I was asking the teachers of my school, whose native language is not English, go through a series grammar lessons. They told me that the classes are boring.

I also told my students to attend Yoga classes every Saturday and Sunday early morning. They told me that it is difficult to get up early morning on weekends.

I requested my aged mother to walk with a walking stick so that she is safe. She told me that it is uncomfortable.

To told all them to do it, even though boring, difficult and uncomfortable!

Isn’t it true that we have to do certain things whether we like it or not? Who likes to swallow a bitter pill and have a painful injection? But what will be the consequence if we avoid them?

Discipline is painful, but we have to accept to avoid the pain of suffering. Resistance is natural, but we have to overcome it to succeed. Sleep is comfortable, but we have to wake up to earn a living! Life is not doing only what we like, but we have to like what we have to do in our live.

We have to keep the end result in our mind so that we are encouraged to do all that which are not to our liking!
Over this weekend, can you write down that one thing which you dislike most and visualise what will happen if you don’t do the same?

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

1 comment:

  1. I need a break very badly...but i cant...my daughter keeps me very very busy.......have to mould her coz this age is her learning n moulding period b4 the pre-school...so life has to go on...

    ReplyDelete