Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The ‘It starts with me!’ mindset!


Every generation needs a new revolution
Thomas Jefferson

We blame that our street is not clean, people are not disciplined, politicians are corrupt etc. and the list can be endless.

We can blame, complain and criticise others and get frustrated and depressed with this mindset. 

The other day I was in a temple in Cleveland and a child came in front of me as though to give a constructive solution to these ‘social problem’. She was wearing a T- shirt on which was printed ‘It starts with me!’. Isn’t it true that any change starts with us? We cannot change the world. But we can change ourselves and try to start a revolution which perhaps will change the world.

See if this makes some sense:
•    Discipline starts with me.
•    Indiscipline starts with me.
•    Health starts with me.
•    Positive attitude starts with me.
•    Good manners and etiquette starts with me.
•    Charity starts with me.
•    Good values start with me.


Just imagine what will world be like if everyone has this mindset.

Let us start a new revolution with our taking the first step! Instead of complaining about darkness let us light a lamp!
NC Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment