Thursday, July 4, 2013

Quality check for our senses!


There are three schoolmasters for everybody that will employ them – the senses, intelligent companions, and books’.
Henry Ward Beecher
 

We all see, hear, taste, smell and feel. Our senses are God’s gift to us. We all give some gift to someone we love. Once we have given the gift, our role is over. It is for them to decide how to use the same.
They can use it for good purpose or for not so good purpose. For example you present a computer and an internet connection to a teenager for his birthday. It is up to him to decide how to use the same!

Once in a way, it is better to apply a quality audit to our senses. Over this weekend introspect on the following:
•    What do I see? How do they help me?
•    What do I hear? Will they enhance my knowledge?
•    What food I take? Will it help my health and give me energy?
•    Similarly how do I use my smell and feel senses?

God has given these five senses to all the living things He created. But He gave the sixth sense to only human beings. The sixth sense is the intelligence to decide how to use the five senses!

We should be careful especially in the use of three of the five senses. They are: what do we see, hear and eat, for, they will decide the quality of our mental and physical health!

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment