Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Don’t doubt and ignore important feedbacks!


Feedback is the breakfast of champions.
Ken Blanchard


Feedbacks are important information so that we can take corrective action.

A few months ago I had to take care of my aged father who was in his late nineties. He was hale and healthy, but the reality of aging was evident. Towards the last few months, he developed breathing difficulties due to chest congestion. I had a ‘Pulse Oximeter’, which gave a feedback on the oxygen density in the blood and the heart rate which are two important parameters for anyone, more so for an aged person.
One day I noticed that the pulse oximeter showed his pulse as 41as against a normal of about 105 to 110. My doctor said that this is not a good indication, but there was also an element of doubt about the reading of the instrument. A few weeks later, my father passed away! The doctor said that the low heart rate was one of the indications that his end was nearing!
I learnt an important lesson: any feedback is important even if there is an element of doubt. Some feedback could be unpleasant, but too critical to be ignored!
Check: if you have received any feedback about you during the last six months, would you like to reexamine the same?

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment