Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Are you squeezing the right tube?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

The other day I had a very disturbed sleep. Got up half asleep, entered the bathroom and wanted to have a quick shave. I took my shaving cream and was squeezing and was surprised to get tooth paste! Then I realized that I was actually squeezing the tooth paste tube instead of the shaving cream!

This reminded me about a question that was asked by one participant in my time management seminar. She said that she wanted to triple her income in her present business. When I discussed with her I understood that her business has very limited scope for the type of profit she was aspiring. She was continuing in her present business because it was easy to continue what she has been doing for years! 

I advised her to choose the right business to get what she wants. 

We should be very clear what we want and where to get it and what resources we need! 

If we continue to do what we have been doing, we will continue to get what we have been getting! To get something drastically different, we should be willing to take the risk and do something drastically different!  

Think: Are you in the right place? 

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment