Monday, June 24, 2013

Are you willing to enjoy the consequence?

A year from now you will wish you had started today.
Karen Lamb

I was packing for my US trip. The airline in which I booked my ticked allowed only one checked in baggage and the hand baggage should be less than 7 kilograms. My friends who had traveled in the same airlines warned me that they are very strict on this. Any additional luggage will mean another US$100/-.

But I had packed two checked in suitcases and my hand baggage was also very heavy. This situation made me to strictly audit every article that I packed by asking a question: do I need it? If I don’t take it what will happen? If I pack it what will be the consequence in terms of the additional cost I I will have to give to the airliner?

Any article which did not pass this ‘test’ was ‘offloaded’!
At the end of four hours, I was surprised that I was able to accommodate all that I needed to take in one suitcase and I still had some additional space to pack!

This is what happens in our life also. Within our available time we can do all that we have to do, if only we eliminate all those other things which we don’t actually need! We have to be conscious about the consequence of doing or not doing that activity!

N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment