Friday, May 17, 2013

‘I WISH’ VS. ‘I WILL’

       The most important thing in life is to stop saying ‘I wish’ and start saying ‘I will’. Consider nothing impossible, and then treat possibilities as probabilities.
David Copperfield

There is an inbuilt power in each word we use to motivate us. Our conscious mind may not know that. But our subconscious mind will know. Even without our being aware, we are programming ourselves, and all our external behaviour is a result of this internal programme.

Just recall the last time you climbed a mountain either by foot or by a conveyance. The steeper the mountain, the more should be your effort level. Your effort level should be supported by your physical stamina. Your physical stamina should be supplemented by your mental stamina. In an automobile, when you press the accelerator, more fuel and air are rushed to the combustion chamber of the engine compartment and fired. This accelerates the engine and consequently the automobile surges forward.
This principle is highly relevant when it comes to tapping our hidden potential. Whenever we want to strain our physical body, our mind has to be ‘ignited’. For this, our inner dialogue plays a very important role.

When we say ‘we wish’, a certain amount of mental energy is released. When we say ‘we will’, the mental energy that is released is much more. You have to experience this difference.

Do a small exercise. Identify two projects: for example, ‘to improve my handwriting’ and ‘to reduce my weight’. For one project repeat this mantra internally: ‘I wish to improve my handwriting’. For the other project repeat this: ‘I will reduce my weight’. At the end of one month, check your handwriting and your weight. You will understand what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment