Wednesday, December 31, 2014



Happy and Prosperous New Year!


Let us say bye to 2014 and welcome 2015. Many things that happened in 2014  may not be to our liking. We did not have any control on many of those things. In 2015 let us resolve to apply our mind to change things that are in our control.
When I type this, I recall a story I read recently.
There was a thick large forest. One day there was a big fire in the forest. All the animals and birds started fleeing the forest to save their lives. Tigers, deer, bears, even elephants. After a while even the Lion King started running away from the forest. As the Lion King was running for his life, he saw a small little bird going towards the forest fire. The Lion King asked the bird if he was trying to commit suicide by jumping into the fire. But the tiny bird replied that he has a drop of water in his beak and going to the forest and extinguish the fire! The Lion King broke into laughter and asked how he can extinguish the fire with that little drop of water.
The bird said 'I don't know if I could extinguish the fire, but I am doing my bit' and continued to fly towards the fire!
We may not be able to change the world, but let's do our bit!
N.C. Sridharan
https://www.facebook.com/nc.sridharan.7
www.thetimefoundation.com

1 comment: