Monday, December 8, 2014

365 Exciting ways to live - 72

72 / 365  Plan for the Unexpected
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.

It is ideal to wish that everything will go as we want. However, the reality is that certain things may not be in our control. Some unanticipated events may throw our plans haywire. Someone may not be as effective and efficient as he should be. Some assumptions could go wrong. You have to anticipate such eventualities.
You can ask yourself the following questions when you are about to get out of your bed:
·         What is the most important task that I have to complete today?
·         Do I have all the resources lined up, including time?
·         What could go wrong and what should be my counter-measure?
·         What critical assumptions could go wrong and what should I do?
·         Am I realistic about my expectations of others? Am I too optimistic?

I am not sounding pessimistic. While we should be optimistic, we should also plan for unexpected events. Perhaps we should be ‘optimistically pessimistic’!
Human beings are unique from other living beings in their ability to anticipate and plan and this has made us to survive millions of years while other living beings extinct.
(From my book “365 Exciting Ways to Live”)
'365 Exciting Ways to Live' is an ideal gift for any special occasion and a good reading material for supervisory development. You can also gift this book to the school or college you studied....
www.thetimefoundation.com
N.C. Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment