Thursday, September 21, 2017

365 Exciting Ways to Live: Excitement # 100 Thinking Time Portfolio!

Thinking Time Portfolio
No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking.
– Voltaire

Do you have ‘thinking time’? Sounds very odd? But isn’t it true that we are so busy that we have no time to think? Successful people spend a lot of their time in thinking. Your thinking quality will decide the quality of your planning and execution. Thinking is a mind function and not a physical activity. Like you allocate specific time for activities such as exercising, bathing, eating and writing, you should also allot specific time for the ‘portfolio of thinking’.
Choose a time when you will not be disturbed at all. Reflect on the following:
·         What are my long term goals?
·         How am I progressing with my goals?
·         What are my five most important priorities and am I adequately working on them?
·         Do I have all the resources I need to complete the immediate task on hand?
·         Am I effective and efficient? Can I improve the same?

You can go on adding to the above list. Start with minimum 30 minutes and gradually go up to at least two hours of thinking time per day. You will notice your productivity substantially going up. 
(From my book '365 Exciting Ways to Live')
NC Sridharan
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment