Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Handicapped? Where? In body or mind?

Disability is a state of mind. In many people is an excuse or an escape mechanism...It gives a reason which will be accepted by others and so you have a reason not to stress yourself. Read the following quote and the video clipping.
NC Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com

00000

Robert Michael Hensel was born with Spina bifida. He is also a Guinness World Records holder for the longest non-stop wheelie in a wheelchair, covering a total distance of 6.178 miles.
• Limitations only go so far.
• Know me for my abilities, not my disability.
• I don't have a dis-ability, I have a different-ability.
• Go ahead and label me, cause labels are made for gifts.
• My disability has opened my eye's to see my true abilities.
• When everyone else says you can't, determination says,"YES YOU CAN."
• There is no greater disability in society, than the inability to see a person as more
• I have a Disability yes that's true, but all that really means is I may have to take a slightly different path than you.
• As a disabled man, let my life be a reflection of the endless amount of ability that exists in each and everyone of us.
• We, the one's who are challenged, need to be heard. To be seen not as a disability, but as a person who has and will continue to bloom. To be seen not only as a handicap, but as a well intact human being.
• It takes an open minded individual to look beyond a disability, and see, that ability has so much more to offer, than the limitations society tries to place upon them. - Robert M. Hensel

No comments:

Post a Comment