Monday, January 23, 2017

365 Exciting Ways to Live - Excitement # 48 - Fight Procrastination

Fight Procrastination
Procrastination is opportunity's assassin.
Victor Kiam

If there is one most dangerous virus which destroys success in spite of infinite potential and hard work, it is ‘procrastination’. Procrastination is the habit of delaying action on a pending project for no reason at all. It is the mindset of ‘I can, I have to, but I will not do it now’! The other day, one of my friends came to me and said, ‘They said that procrastination is the cause of all my failure. I don’t know what that big word means. I will look it up tomorrow’!
There can be many reasons for your procrastination such as hopelessness, helplessness, unpleasant activities, overwhelming tasks, fear of failure and perfectionism. One way to overcome procrastination is to visualise the consequences of anymore delay. If the task is overwhelming, try breaking it up into small managerial sub-tasks and do one small activity everyday. It may even be a very small activity. Make a public announcement to your friends that you will complete the task, which you have been procrastinating so far, within the next few weeks.

Resolve today to fight procrastination. Do it today and not tomorrow!
(From my book '365 Exciting Ways to Live')

N C Sridharan
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment