Sunday, January 22, 2017

365 Exciting Ways to Live - Excitement # 47 - Make Everyday an Exciting Day!

Make Everyday an Exciting Day
I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.
Thomas Carlyle

All of us have a goal. But achievers have a great and ambitious goal, which boosts their mental stamina and energy to work hard. Ensure that every day you have something interesting to do, every week you have a big task to complete, every month you have a big project to complete and every year you have a big goal to achieve!  If the result you have to achieve is something very ordinary, it may not excite your mind and will not drive you to be at your best.
Your mind is very intelligent and will release only such energy, which is required. If the job at hand is simple, it will allow you to engage only to that much effort. An ordinary task will make us to operate from our comfort zone.
Today, before going to bed ask yourself the following simple questions: Did I accomplish something very challenging and difficult? Did I stretch my skill and talents? Did I challenge my faculties in some way to make this day meaningful?
If every day is interesting and exciting, we will end up with an exciting year of accomplishment!
(From my book '365 Exciting Ways to Live')


N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000


No comments:

Post a Comment