Wednesday, July 15, 2015

'Mindscaping' for career building -8


'What do you hang on the walls of your mind?'
We are always focused. We are always thinking. We are always doing something or other. It is very difficult to keep our mind completely blank. We cannot be in a condition called 'not working'.
Our attention goes to where our mind goes. The more we are mentally committed to something, the more will be the quality of our focus and so will the quality of our actions. Those who have succeeded in their career understood this simple principle and achieved great things.

We need to ask ourselves the following questions:
  • Who am I in terms of my talents, skill and knowledge? Am I fit today?
  • Where am I working? Which industry? Which functional area?
  • What is my role in my organisation? What is my contribution to my industry?
  • Who are my customers and competitors?
  • In ten years' time how my industry will change? Will my talent, knowledge and skill be relevant in ten years'?
  • In ten years' time what my industry and organisation will be producing?
  • What am doing now to get ready to face the challenges of change in the future?
With the above questions in mind check if you are doing what you should be doing.
NC Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment