Tuesday, July 28, 2015

'Mindscaping' for career building 13


'Everybody needs feedback, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than paying a trainer'.
Doug Lowenstein
Information is strength. You need have a lot of information about yourself. The quality and accuracy of this information will decide the quality of your relationship with others.

Joseph Luft and Harrington Ingham created a technique called Johari Window to help people to know about themselves, from their own perspective and from the perspective of others. I will try to explain this in simple terms.


There are four aspects of who we are.

There are certain things that we know about ourselves which are also known to others. For example, my height and colour.

There are certain hidden things about myself which I know, but others do not know. For example I may have a weakness for sweets, which I do not reveal to others.

The third blind are consists of things which others know about me, but I do not know. For example, others know that I am short tempered but I am not aware of this  and others have not given me this feedback for some reason.

The fourth area consists of things about myself which neither me nor others know of.

Success in our career depends upon how well we know about ourselves so that we can perform at the peak of our effectiveness and efficiency.

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com

00000

No comments:

Post a Comment