Friday, February 17, 2017

365 Exciting Ways to Live - Excitement # 59 - Audit Your Laziness Index!

 Are You Lazy?
You delay, but time will not.
Benjamin Franklin

There is no substitute for hard work. In this world of global opportunities and intense competition, hardwork is very important.   Compared to 50 years ago, everyone is working harder. Today’s tennis player has to practice four times harder than his predecessor. The same applies to any sport, be it football or chess.
Do a very honest audit of your working habit with the following questions:
  • Am I working hard enough? How many hours do I work per week?
  • Am I doing adequate justice to the role I am holding in the society?
  • How is my hard work compared to that of my competitor?
  • What is my ‘prime time’? Am I investing my prime time on some vital activities?
  • While working, what is the intensity of my concentration and focus?
  • Over these years, is there an improvement in the level of my responsibility and hard work?
  • Am I lazy? How much of my work is pending at any point of time and is it due to my laziness?

Sometimes your perception of yourself may be wrong. Check with someone whom you trust most.
(From my book '365 Exciting Ways to Live')
NC Sridharan
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment