Monday, February 8, 2016

'Mindscaping' for career building 23




'It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it'

Dale Carnegie

Your mindset and the type of career that you want to choose will go hand in hand. Once you have decided on a career, then you should check the compatibility of your mindset for the same. Every other thing is secondary.

In my personal mentoring session and seminars, participants ask me a few questions: should I work for someone or should I work for myself? Can I quit my job and retire? Can I quit my job and start something on my own? Should I continue in this job or change my career? Should I work for the manufacturing sector or for the service sector? Should I work for monitory benefit or should I offer free service?

It all depends on your mind set. Ultimately you should be happy, satisfied and fulfilled. This will depend on the attitude that go with your mindset.

For example risk taking is an attitude. If you do not want to take risk, then you cannot be on your own. If you want security of income, then you cannot start anything on your own since the whole world is very competitive. If you are not tolerant with others mistakes, you cannot be in public life!

You cannot fit a square peg in round hole!

N C Sridharan
www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment