Sunday, September 1, 2013

Something is NOT better than nothing!

‘Excellence can be obtained if you:
…care more than others think is wise;
…risk more than others think is safe;
…dream more than others think is practical;
…expect more than others think is possible’

Anonymous

When I was young I read the quotation ‘something is better than nothing’ and I believed in this. I understood this to mean that even if I cannot do everything which I have to do or wish to do, I can at least do something. For example if have have to jog for half an hour and if I have been postponing it for want of time, I should jog at least five minutes, so that I have done something instead of nothing!


A few days ago it occurred to me that something is not better than nothing! I think that doing at least something just because we cannot do justice suggests a compromise state of mind.
We live in a highly competitive world and today we have to deliver the best in order to remain competitive. It is not what best we can offer, but it is the best the world wants from us! There are some core areas in our career which need our total concentration and focus. These areas will not accept something at least. They have to be the best!

When it comes to world class competition, there can be no compromise formula!
Something cannot replace the best, only the best can replace the best!
N C Sridharan

www.thetimefoundation.com
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment