Monday, September 5, 2016

365 Exciting Ways to Live: Excitement # 15: Travel Time Treasure Hunt!

Travel Time Treasure Hunt
This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m sure you would have calculated your waiting time, which I mentioned earlier. There is much more ‘time treasure’ to be dug right underneath your feet!
On an average, how much time do you spend in travelling in a day? About 45 minutes? Let’s calculate: 45 minutes a day means 1170 minutes per month for 26 days; this means 14040 minutes in a year; 351,000 minutes in an active life span of 25 years; 5850 hours; this is 731 man days which means 2 solid years!
Of course I have not included the travel during vacations!
Today, can you think how you can convert the travel time into productive time? Do you say ‘I don’t have time to read, I don’t have time to think, I don’t have time to plan, I don’t have time to ...’? How about using the travel time in the most appropriate way? Can you not put on an iPod and listen to your most favourite music, for which you say that you don’t have time? How about learning a new language the same way?


Where there is a will, there is a way!
From my book '365 Exciting Ways to Live'
NC Sridharan
00000

No comments:

Post a Comment